Sunday, August 30, 2009

TV: Dr. Eve Russell and Julian Crane

Call girl and jazz singer, Eve Russell nee Johnson (played by Tracey Ross) and Julian Crane (played by Ben Masters) fell for each other very quickly when they first met. They conceived a child, but did not stay together. Later, Eve turned her life around becoming a doctor, getting married, and having two more children. Eve and Julian crossed paths again. They became engaged after she divorced her husband. Things were rough for them, and considering the two lived in Harmony, rough included a lot.

Harmony is the hometown of Passions, a soap opera that aired from 1999 to 2008. The two actors played their roles for the full run of the show.

Passions Wiki
Passions IMDb

My Comments: I originally posted this under the heading "Watch" because from my searches on the Internet, I'd determined that they were a couple. As a result of more recent searches, I cannot find information that confirms the two are dating.

To see my reasoning, please look at the comments with this post. And to try to squelch more misunderstandings, I have left the links to Tracey Ross and Ben Masters, as well as added those of Tracee Ellis Ross even though I do not do that with TV posts. My hope is that people will read the links.

(Linda) Tracey Ross, 52 year old actress from Passions
Ben Masters, 64 year old actor from Passions
Tracee Ellis Ross, 39 year old actress from Girlfriends and daughter of Diana Ross

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW this blog makes me SO happy! Me and my boyfriend are grinning like maniacs right now. We hope to be married next year! God bless you!

PurpleNepenthe said...

I'm so glad! That was my intent - it makes me happy too. Best wishes to the both of you!

Tulip said...

I know while "Passions" was going on, they were really good friends in real life and admitted to feeling a mutual attraction, but at the time they didn't want to date due to being co-workers. I didn't realize they are officially dating now, but I think it's nice. :) I liked the pairing on the show.

Anonymous said...

Tracey Ross is of Jewish, Cherokee, and African origin. Her parents are Diana Ross and Robert Ellis Silberstein.

Anonymous said...

Actually, that is the wrong Tracey Ross, the one you are referring to is Dianna Ross' daughter.

PurpleNepenthe said...

The last two anons are incorrect. Tracey Ross and Tracee Ellis Ross are two completely different people. The one I am referring to is (Linda) Tracey Ross, not Diana Ross' daughter.

The woman in the photo is Tracey Ross. The man next to her is Ben Masters. They starred on Passions together from 1999 to 2008. I encourage all to read the links to their Wikis and read up.

However, your posts did encourage me to look deeper into their relationship and one of three things may have happened since I've posted. One, they no longer have a relationship since the show went off the air. Two, they do have a relationship but because they are no longer doing much acting they are not in the media. Three, the relationship only went as far as their roles on the soap opera.

At the very least they had a relationship on the air, and I have changed the entry to reflect that. Please know that I will no longer accept posts about Tracee Ellis Ross under this heading.

Anonymous said...

No, they are in a relationship and getting married...there is a website devoted to them called eviandreams.com. Just so you know :-)

Tanny said...

They have been dating since 2003 and plan on getting married. It is in one of the articles on a website dedicated to them called eviandreams.com. It is full of pictures, interviews, and information about them and their characters.

PurpleNepenthe said...

Thank you, Anon and Tanny! I really appreciate your comments :) I will again make changes.